In Škocjanski zatok NR visitors can experience the uniqueness of the Mediterranean wetland with all their senses, as the area is a treasure chest of nature’s wonders. The reserve organises educational and entertaining free-of-charge events, such as lectures, movie and literary evenings, promotional events, as well as the regular payable program for visitors, which includes:
• Guided tours: programs for preschool and school groups, adults and families;
• Horse riding: short individual riding, group riding workshops, and horse-back tours of the reserve;
• Workshops: creative socialising in connection with nature.
Additionally, the offer of the visitor centre includes:
• Hall rental for different workshops, lectures and meetings, with organised coffee breaks and optional guided tours for participants;
• A shop: souvenirs and other products, products of local suppliers;
• A bar, where you can enjoy excellent coffee and extraordinary views over the freshwater marsh …
… and a lot more!
Join us and experience Slovenia’s largest brackish wetland, located in the urban enviroment, where nature and man successfully coexist.