They’re here! The first House Martins have already arrived from Africa.
Today, the 4th March 2014, the first House Martin (Delichon urbica) of the year was observed in the Škocjanski zatok Nature Reserve.
Even if “one swallow does not make a spring” pay attention to nature, the spring is coming!
Other interesting observations (2nd-4th March 2014):
– Moustached Warbler (Acrocephalus melanopogon): 1 ind.
– Black-tailed Godwit (Limosa limosa) : 1 ind.
– Sky Lark (Alauda arvensis): 3 ind.
– Common Stonechat (Saxicola torquata): 2 ind.
– Cattle Egret (Bubulcus ibis): 4 ind.
– Gadwall (Anas strepera): 5 ind.
– Bearded Tit (Panurus biarmicus): 1 ind.
– Pintail (Anas acuta): 1 ind.
– Eurasian Sparrowhawk (Accipiter nisus): 1 ind.